Frequently asked questions
No, you do not need a doctor’s referral to receive treatment. If you have private health care insurance you may need a doctor’s referral before your insurance company will cover the treatment.
You can contact your insurance company to find out what is covered under their plan. Things you should inquire about your plan are:
- Can my treatment be direct billed or will I have to pay for my treatment and submit my receipts?
- Is a referral required for physiotherapy and/or massage therapy?
- Is there any deductible I will be responsible for?
- What percentage of each treatment is covered? (eg. 80%)
- Is there a maximum per treatment? (eg. 100% covered up to a maximum of $)
- What is the maximum yearly coverage?
You are responsible for any amount not covered by your health care plan.
Not all healthcare plans allow direct billing. We are able to bill directly for plans that have that option.
Your first appointment will be about one hour, but may be longer depending on your injuries and treatments. Subsequent appointment can range from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
You should bring your referral with you if you have one. (Please note that if you are coming due to injuries sustained as a result of a motor vehicle collision you will need a doctor’s referral stating that treatment is required as a result of an MVC.)
If you have coverage under a private health care plan please bring your policy information with you if it is one that we will be billing directly on your behalf.
Bring any paperwork or information that you have if you are coming for treatment due to a work-related or motor vehicle-related injury.
Bring or wear comfortable clothing to your treatment. The clinic can provide you with shorts and/or a tank top if needed.